Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shangri-la

All I want to do right now
is go to Shangri-la
in Yanceyville
and lie on my back in the grass between the white quartz buildings
in the darkness of early nighttime
and feel the rain on my face.
Then the pouring rain
will turn the ground to soft mud
and I will sink into it
inside the earth,
forever a part of a miniature world
that means peace
and simplicity
in a world of highways.
The stone that has sat at the foot of the sign
in the front of the little village
for over thirty years
says "Let me live in a house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."
That stone
will be my tombstone
because when I am dead
I want to live in a house
by the side of the road
and be a friend to man.


I don't know, that's just how I'm feeling right now.


1 comment:

  1. yeah.. elephant is pretty scary. honestly, i wouldn't really advise you to see it...

    ReplyDelete