Monday, February 2, 2009

Lost Notebook

I lost my physics notebook. I wouldn't normally care much about that, but during physics last week I wrote this poem in it that I've been trying to write for weeks now, and now it's lost, my first at all decent draft of that poem. Agh. 

I went to the doctor today. The doctor had a German accent. Around the end of the appointment, my mom started jabbering away with the doctor in German, so that Alice and I couldn't tell what they were talking about. I know she was talking about my weight. I may not know German, but I could understand parts of it, and it's really annoying that she's always so concerned about my weight. The doctors say my weight is fine. In 2005, I had a BMI of 15.5, weighing in at 92 pounds, placing me in the second percentile for girls my age. I was eating under 500 calories a day, and working out for about two hours a day. I've gained twelve pounds since then, I eat a ton, and I never work out anymore. She needs to get over it, because her obsession with my weight and whatnot just makes it harder for me to not think about it. I've been doing a damn good job of that lately, and I intend to keep it that way.


I spend my minutes
Writing words
About you...
So that I'll have an excuse
to think about you.
There are only so many new thoughts
But if I write them down
They'll take longer to exhaust.
I want to think words
about you
And I wonder
If you ever want to think words
About me, too.


Me, December 2005.

1 comment: