Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poetry Drains and Fills

I wrote a lot of poetry today. I've been trying to face the parts of my past that I don't tell people about, using poetry. Today I actually made some progress. It was draining though. I talked about him for pretty much the first time ever. Yeah, I've mentioned him before. I have told my therapist just briefly, once, a couple years ago what happened. Even then, I almost vomited just saying the words. I've mentioned it to Megan. I don't think there was anybody else. Maybe. Either way, I have never once told anybody the details, the story, the things that make it disgusting and horrifying. In my poetry, I always hide the truth behind metaphors and obscurity. I have to stop, I have to try to tap into the truth I've been hiding. God, but it leaves me so dead and tired...worth it? Yes. All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment