Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Megan



















She is not strong
Because of the sarcastic wit
with which she speaks.
She is not strong
because of the sea foam eyes
that are a magnet to those around her.
She is not strong because she's...
Queen bee
Singing with a power in her voice.
Contrary to popular belief,
she is not strong because
she laughs off things that remind her
of the abandonment of a father who left,
or because when she coughs into a paper towel,
Then checking it for blood,
She jokes about the fact 
that with a simple case of mono,
she may literally cough up her lungs. 
No...
She is strong
Because
When we are alone
in our dorm at night
She cries,
for fear
That she is not.



















My tenth or eleventh poem so far for my long-term Writing through Literature project. I'm writing a series of portrait poems. This one's about my best friend, Megan. God, I miss that bitch.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment