Friday, January 23, 2009

My Brazilian Boy Wonder

Where do I start? There are so many ways I could describe him. He's got one of the most striking faces I've ever seen in person. He doesn't like the way he looks, he's so critical of himself. It's ridiculous. If only he could see himself through my eyes. I feel so lucky to have this beautiful creature in my life. Ugly, annoying little me. For the third time in my life, I feel like I am actually somebody's first choice as a friend, which is astounding to me. 
I spent Monday night and Tuesday night at his house this week. Thais's parents, his "step-parents"(but not really, it's weird and confusing), were out of town, as usual. Naturally, there was partying. Monday night, a lot of people came over. Two bottles of...beverage...later, Mika and I were lying on the carpet upstairs just laughing and talking and drinking impressive
amounts of water. Talking led to laughing, laughing led to cuddling, cuddling led to kissing, and kissing led to full-on making out on the floor. It was fairly brief, only a minute or two. I was sure it wouldn't happen again that night. I was wrong. We eventually went to bed. We slept in Thais's parents' bed, because people sleeping over needed Mika's room. Before going to bed, I looked at the time on my cell phone. 2:59. I told Mika, and he was instantly excited. Mika saw "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" awhile back, and apparently in the movie 3:00 am is the "devil's time." That's when bad things happen or something. So Mika likes to stay up until three. He says it scares him a ton, but it's also exciting. It was three am, the "devil's time," when we crawled under the covers, lights off, shivering, space heater turned onto high next to the bed. We talked for probably an hour or so. Then there was silence. But the good kind of silence. The kind of silence where you can feel everything around you, like a shark in the water, feeling every movement through even the tiniest currents and ripples. Everything is sensation, your feelings are your thoughts. Our faces were so, so close, our lips one or two inches apart. Obviously, it happened again. It happened again for most of fourty-five or so minutes. And then we fell asleep. We fell asleep with our faces so close that we 
were breathing oxygen mixed with the carbon dioxide expelled from the other's lungs. We were breathing each other's breath. Isn't that amazing? Maybe the carbon dioxide made me kind
 of light-headed and giddy, but I swear, I floated into sleep. And it was the best kind of sleep. Every night, I go to bed with the intention of going to sleep. I try to sleep, and I wait for sleep. That night, sleep came by itself. We both fell asleep at the same time, and the next morning we didn't even remember falling asleep; life had just...melted into sleep. Natural sleep. As wonderful as that sleep was, I still woke up throughout the night...err...morning, technically. Every time I woke up I'd see that he was still there, and remember again how happy I was. 

Okay so I have been typing this for like an hour now, and I'm ready to stop. Plus, the gray crescent-moon next to his name just turned into a green circle. I'll bet he won't talk to me. I'm really trying to not talk to him. Yesterday I was bad at that, I think I fucked up a bit. We shall see.

By the way, Battlestar Galactica was faaabulous. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment