Saturday, January 24, 2009

In Lauterbach hab' ich mein' Strumpf verlor'n...

My mum found a website with some pictures of Lauterbach, Germany. Lo and behold, there were a couple pictures of my grandparents' house! It was a nice memory jog, and so I decided to do a little post on this wonderful little town, best known for its famous garden knomes and its "theme song," "In Lauterbach hab' ich mein' Strumpf verlor'n." It means "I lost my sock in Lauterbach," and it's really weird. But I'll go into that later I suppose.
First of all, our house! 
There was a closer picture of it, but for some reason blogger is being retarded and not uploading it. The house is somewhere around 100 years old. It's so adorable(it's the one in the middle of the picture, with the pink flower boxes). It's filled with this 
super super old crazy religious 
paraphernalia from like mon
asteries and churches that my grandfather's parents or grandparents(I forget which) collected around Germany. 
Oh, and our street is really cute. It was even on postcards in gift shops there. All the streets in the town are cobblestone.


I'm bored, I'll finish this post later. Time to make myself a french bread pizza. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment