Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tagged

I was tagged by Julie at Candy Hearts to make a poem starting with the second letter of my last name. Sorry it took me forever to do this, I've just been so busy.

Apples float into my head
through the tiny stereo in my ear (its twin is in yours).
I can't see them,
But I feel like
they're probably red.
You say you want to show them to me
because I'm glow-in-the-dark;
We just can't see the dark
in this summer sunshine,
sand between our toes.
I could say the same about you.
There's sunshine straw
that's soft between my fingers
sleeping on your head, slipping over your crown,
and your eyes, 
each a dark little dot
with a pale and bright blue light behind it
pushing around its silhouette
and contained by a fine but strong navy ring,
burn circles into my mind.
I can't see them,
but I feel like
they're probably red.

I tag Adma.
And by Adma I mean Adam.

1 comment: