Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Divorced Him

I facebook divorced him.
I clicked the x next to his name for the first time in four weeks.
I told him what I could
of what is in my head
and he said nothing back.
I said goodbye.
He said nothing back.
That was when I cancelled our relationship
And clicked away his box.
I am trying to feel liberated
but I can not get out of that box
that I just clicked away.

Separation is not organic
for me.
It has always been a conscious decision
Not to play with Barbie dolls anymore
To put my stuffed animals in a bag in the attic
To teach myself to stop being ticklish
To stop watching Dragon Tales
To assume No Contact status
and forget about that person
and that attachment.
I do not grow out of things
and I never have.
It was always more like
I was never a child
just a little adult
who knew what year it was
and when it was time to move
to the next stage in my childhood.
Artificially created childhood.
Yeah.

This afternoon I finished the drawing/painting I started yesterday for Michael. I think I might visit him tomorrow in the hospital and give it to him. Poor kid. 

Always love.

No comments:

Post a Comment